Wednesday, September 22, 2010

well....... I'M IN PAH REE!!

I haven't really had the energy to sit down and recount my last few days, but i'm here now!

Being in Nantes was a pleasurable experience. RĂ©da's family is so kind and understanding of my horrible French language skillz. On Saturday, they took me to see this really cool light show. It was at the castle I was talking about earlier to recognize the day of the people (from what i could understand).

Eh, photo quality is bad, but you can kind of see the light effect:


It was so cool! The lights and sound combo made it seem like the castle was alive. One of the effects made it seem as if ivy were growing everywhere. The tone was very eerie.

My last day, sunday, Yassine and I went to the "LU" factory (<>). We had coca's. :)







FINALLY, I arrived in Paris by train on Monday morning. I met up with the program group and we chit-chatted until our shuttle bus came (not for 2 hours). It took us to our hotel, where we stayed for two days (thus continuing the life of living out of a suitcase). Haha, I shoulda taken a picture.

Those days at the hotel were meant so we could have orientation as a big group. There are about 40 of us in the program.

This morning: I woke up at 7, had breakfast, and waited in the lobby to be taken to my apartment. Oh, I didn't already mention that I met my roommate! Her name is Melanie, super nice & pretty &......part lebanese!! What are the odds.

We piled into the van once it arrived and took off to our new abode. Did I mention how eclectic it is? Photos won't load! They're on facebook :)

too hilarious. super excited. off to montmartre for a tour!

2 comments:

  1. yay! go on my little traveler, go on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome Nat! I love the pictures of your apartment too, so crazy awesome! I like that we are now in very similar time zones again :)

    ReplyDelete