Friday, September 10, 2010

only in europe.

two days ago.
it was a day full of delicious surprises. after making a most excellent meal (chicken and fresh pasta with crème fraiche, cheese, salt & oil) we made our way into the city. i was eager to see the people of nantes; the way they dressed, talked, and ate. We wandered into a real neat old castle...The "Château des ducs de Bretagne". It's a real castle! I mean, the moat and everything. If you're interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nantes and scroll down a bit.


It was the start of classes then, so there were a LOT of teens dressed in what I would consider "spirit clothes". I should have taken a picture of this, but I was kind of engrossed by the city streets themselves.


We went to 2 cafés, but the one I found to be the most incredible was the one that resembled the sistine chapel. haha. it was great. good coffee too. nutty flavor..





ok, so we did attempt to find myself a converter thingy, but we were stopped in the streets by one of reda's friends. it was game over after that. i want to say it was around 5, 530? he bought us a beer then 3 DOUBLE shots of....well...something. I could tell you one was rum but that's about it. my ability to speak french became easier as time passed.





it was fun. :)

now, i have the ability to skype because today we went to the market to buy the convertor! yip yip yippy.

à la prochaine.

No comments:

Post a Comment