Wednesday, September 29, 2010

hello internet world

things have been crazy.

1. meeting new people
2. going to class (all classes taught in french...headaches!)
3. riding the metro
4. buying food
5. buying school supplies
6. attempting the french language
7. running in the rain on the streets
8. visiting parks and monumental areas
9. getting lost
10. singing "just keep swimming" in my head because i'm lost (by myself...at night...don't worry i made it home safe ;) )
11. trying to figure out a phone plan
12. missing people :(

it's truly incredible what goes on during the first week of a study abroad in a country where the language is not your native one. oh Paris.

i have had time to sit though, which is nice. Having my own laptop makes things easier. I can still connect back with home. If I didn't have this, I wouldn't be able to skype or call anyone (gmail chat!). This trip would be infinitely more difficult to do!

aside from missing all you lovely ones (ahah), I'm having the time of my LIFE! well, when I am I not having the time of my life? But it's pretty much way cooler when in paris. :-)

We leave for Roussillon FRIDAY! For the weekend. We have to wake up early.. poop. i'm looking forward to it, though. it's a great region. beautiful.

I part with a big sigh (homework and other silly things to take care of) and a nice big smile on my face because i love you. whoever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment