Monday, September 6, 2010

today has been my "day of rest." more like my "day of trying to figure out how to use a french keyboard without having to stop every 3 seconds just to look for the letter a."

yeah, yeah, i know, i'm so lols-worthy :)

last night, i arrived in nantes par train. the quick bisous on the cheeks of some of the friends i had made during my stay didn't seem quite enough as a goodbye. we had had good laughs and times--looking past our language barriers--those past few nights.

can i just say: to be in a country where the mother tongue is not your own, is SO challenging!!! you almost feel a burden to those around you because they have to take the time to explain the right grammar or pronunciation. luckily i've had understanding hosts so, it's been ok for me :)

i'm super ready to explore nantes. tomorrow i must look for a universal outlet plug-er thingy so i can plug in my laptop heehehehe :) then i won't have to deal with all the red correction lines staring back at me!

bisous to all.

1 comment:

  1. glad you got there ok my love! can't wait to hear about more adventures! giant bisous pour toi!

    ReplyDelete